2016 Spring Calendar and Catalog can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Lifetime Connections Without Walls is building
a community of seniors over the phone.
The program is open to anyone over the age of 50.
“Connection is the energy that is created between people when they feel seen, heard and valued.” ~ Brene Brown
Family Eldercare’s Lifetime Connections Without Walls program (LCWW) offers socialization, brain fitness activities and educational presentations to homebound older adults who are socially or physically isolated in the community.
· Join in from their homes using their telephone
· Simply dial a phone number to access call
· Have the opportunity to have a volunteer facilitator connect them to the group call
Call Topics Include:
Across the Miles (connections with those in other states and Canada)
Telephone tour of the Zilker Botanical Gardens
Click HERE to watch a slideshow and listen to audio from some or our LCWW call sessions!
Our oldest participant is 100 years old and our youngest is 50 years old
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
Volunteers can join in from home or work
DO YOU KNOW OF A CLIENT, FAMILY MEMBER OR NEIGHBOR who is physically or socially isolated and lonely at home? Help spread the word about the program.
CALL TO REGISTER
~ Registration is open year round ~
Check out the flier at the bottom of this page for the activities Calendar! Medicare Tele-Learning Session and Program Referral information.
· 50+ Socially or Physically isolated in the community
· Ability to have a conversation over the phone
· Access to a telephone
· Clients need to register to join the sessions
· A low minimal registration fee for our 4 months long calendar
· One-time Special Tele-learning sessions are also available – Please call or email for more information
Please obtain client permission and call us at 512.626.1508 or click HERE to email the program director
Use contact information listed under “Referral Process” above if you wish to receive emails regarding our program!