LCSW Therapist - Counseling Services
Part-Time position - South Austin, North Austin, Georgetown/Cedar Park
Posted on: November 19, 2014
Family Eldercare seeks Clinical Social Worker(s) to provide in-home counseling services to older adults. We are experiencing high demand for our therapy services and are looking for new members to join out team.
Qualified individuals must be licensed or certified to perform mental health services in the State of Texas. This work requires advanced skills in area of mental health and functional assessment, clinical treatments and interventions, and best practice and evidenced based practices addressing needs of older adults and caregivers. Specialized focus in assessment, interventions and counseling for issues facing older adults related to mental health such as depression, deterioration in cognitive functioning, risk assessment, family systems and caregiver dynamics, and stress and anxiety. (2-5 years of experience a must).
Since we provide home based therapy, we will assign cases based on geographic location of our therapists. We have high demand right now in South Austin, North Austin and Georgetown/Cedar Park. We also have demand for Spanish speaking therapists.
For more information about Family Eldercare's Counseling Services, please click here.
Support Services Specialist - Guardianship Program
Reposted on: November 19, 2014
Provides support to program staff in providing Legal Guardianship Services to incapacitated adults. Support Specialist assists care managers and estate department with routine client related tasks. Must be willing to work directly with persons with mental illness and cognitive disabilities and provide reliable transportation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1) Transport clients to medical appointments. Use chart records to advocate for client's care with medical providers, and schedule follow-up appointments as needed.
2) Transport and assist clients with shopping for personal items (i.e. clothing, groceries, household supplies, etc), or shop for personal items on the client's behalf and deliver to client's home. Submit receipts and keep flawless records on any financial transactions involving client funds.
3) Accompany care managers on monitoring home visits. On rare occasions, perform client visits independently.
4) Assist clients with relocation of housing and personal belongings when needed.
5) Communicate by phone, in writing and in person with appropriate contacts outside the agency to advocate for client care benefits, prepare court documents, maintain basic needs services and other research as needed.
6) Compose accurate, timely progress notes for all client tasks completed. Document significant observations of incidents relevant to client's service plan, care, or well-being, and relay pertinent information back to care manager.
7) Deliver documents to clients and other professionals, deliver routine allowance and medications to clients, and complete minor banking transactions for clients when needed.
8) Assist estate department with tasks related to management or real and personal property, including physical inventory, organization, inspection and maintenance.
9) Complete other duties as assigned.
Skills and Educational Experience:
*Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field, and at least two years of relevant work experience. Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook and Word. Passion for and experience serving persons with mental illness and/or cognitive disabilities. Long-term opportunities for advancement for candidates with Bachelor's degrees.
Minimum Requirements: High school graduate plus two years of relevant work experience. Computer proficiency required. Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook and Word.
*Criminal background check and good personal banking history are required. In addition, candidates must be able to provide reliable transportation and be able to lift forty (40) pounds.
For more information about Family Eldercare's Guardianship Program, please click here.
Wellness Program Case Manager
Reposted: September 24, 2014
The Wellness Program Case Manager:
- Assists clients as appropriate in meeting health care goals and needs
- Monitors and evaluates client progress
- Provides information and referral
- Provides coaching and individualized education
- Works as an advocate for clients and families
- Links with outside service agencies
- Negotiates affordable services as needed.
Services are provided in a culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate manner. Ideal candidates have demonstrated knowledge and experience working with older adults, have experience working in medical social work settings, and have knowledge of community services.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field and two years’ experience working with older adults and demonstrated knowledge in community services. Basic skills in Microsoft Office applications and Power Point.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Social Work with three or more years’ experience. LCSW strongly preferred. Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications and Power Point. Bilingual in Spanish (read and write).
For more information about Family Eldercare's Service Coordination Program, please click here.
Join our In-Home Care Team!
We are currently recruiting compassionate, dependable care attendants in Travis and Williamson counties. Flexible schedules, full- and part-time positions available depending on the needs of our clients. Two categories of care attendants are needed:
Join the Family Eldercare Staff
Additional direct service and administrative positions available include: AmeriCorp position available. See below for posting.
No open positions at this time.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
The gifts of time and expertise given by our volunteers and interns make Family Eldercare the vibrant and successful organization that we are. Opportunities to volunteer or gain experience through both direct service and administrative internships change regularly, so be sure to check back often for the most current positions.
Family Eldercare is registered with UTSSW and Texas State University SSW and can provide placements and supervision for BSW and MSW students. Placements vary by semester.
Additionally, Family Eldercare has placements for interns seeking a degree in: human services, sociology, psychology, gerontology, family systems, health sciences, recreation, communications, activity director and related fields.
The staff at Family Eldercare make a difference in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities on a daily basis. Opportunities to join our organization are ongoing, and cover a broad range of direct service and administrative functions. Family Eldercare does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or disability, and we offer an excellent benefits package.