Manager - In-Home Care Program
Posted on: April 24, 2015
Family Eldercare, recognized experts in the field of aging, has been serving Central Texas since 1982. We provide essential services to seniors, adults with disabilities and caregivers. We have a unique opportunity to work for a not-for-profit agency serving older adults providing our clients with companionship, ADL assistance, housekeeping and transportation needs. This position is responsible for the management operations of the program.
Develop, maintain and supervise management activities including budget control, cost determination, fee setting and collection and management reports.
Generate revenue to sustain the program and position as a key competitor in the personal assistant/home care industry. Assist with the marketing strategy and plan.
Manage and direct qualified personnel to carry out the policies and procedures of the agency. Ensure adequate staff education and evaluation.
Monitor achievement of all program goals and objectives including meeting grant and contract requirements and reporting. Establish and manage quality improvement plan.
Develop strategic plan goals, performance outcomes, performance measures and directives for all aspects of services provided.
Requirements: Experience in the home health industry with 3-5 years’ experience preferred. Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred. Registered Nurse preferred. Licenses/Certificates: If a registered nurse, must be licensed in the state of Texas. Must meet the qualifications required by Texas DADS to be an Administrator/Alternate Administrator of a licensed home health agency.
•Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office
•Ability to prioritize and organize work
•Demonstrated ability in or application of organizational/communication skills
•Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress
•Ability to enlist the cooperation of many people in furthering a program
•Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
•Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Experience: At least five years practical business experience, two of which were in a management capacity and includes supervising staff. Extensive knowledge and understanding of home care/home health industry or related health programs that may include hospitals, nursing facilities, hospice, etc. At least two years with proven success of marketing and revenue generation in a competitive market.
Reports to CEO
We offer excellent benefits: healthcare; vacation; paid holidays; 403(b)
Click HERE to learn more about our In-Home Care Program.
Care Manager - Guardianship Program
Posted on: April 2, 2015
Responsible for developing, assessing, facilitating and monitoring all components of assigned caseloads of incapacitated adults receiving Guardianship services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Complete intake paperwork on eligible clients, including assessment with medical and cognitive impressions with assessment of indicators of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- - Establish and maintain client charts and electronic records.
- - Establish, monitor and revise client care plans.
- - Make appropriate referrals for services needed to support client.
- - Conduct monthly monitoring visits in the home, day habilitation or medical settings.
- - Provide guardianship services with continuing assessment of wards to ensure that our wards live in a safe environment, enjoying an optimal quality of life.
- - Work in collaboration with estate services in the establishment of budgets, bank accounts and other services required to manage finances and provide for basic needs.
- - Provide direct services to crime victims including, but not limited to, crisis intervention, assistance with Crime Victims' Compensation, assistance with Texas VINE, legal assistance, victim advocacy and information and referral.
- - Participate in on-call rotation.
- - Supervise volunteers in establishing and maintaining a supportive relationship with ward, and effective monitoring and advocacy.
- - Participate in volunteer recognition activities.
- - All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field, 2 years experience in direct client services, case management and using resources for adults who are elderly, disabled, or victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation. Basic level skills on Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Human Services or related field and 3 years Care Management experience in direct client services, case management and using resources for adults who are elderly, disabled, or victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation. Basic level skills on Microsoft Office Suite.
For more information about Family Eldercare's Guardianship Program, please click here.
Service Coordinator Position -
Housing and Community Services Program
Posted on: March 30, 2015
Provides services to older adult and/or disabled adult residents and families within assigned communities. may provide informal counseling, information and referral, plan educational programs, coordinate volunteer opportunities, link with outside service agencies and negotiate affordable services as needed. Works as an advocate for clients and families.
- - Comprehensive assessments of resident's needs and develops a service coordination plan as needed. Limited case management when such service is not being provided by the general service community.
- - Advise clients and family members of the services which ma be necessary to maintain a self-reliant lifestyle or support resident in the resident.
- - Monitor the delivery of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely and satisfactory (may also manage services when appropriate).
- - Educate clients on community resources, service availability, application procedures, resident's rights, etc,; both individually and in a group.
- - Advocate and negotiate on behalf of clients for adequate, timely and cost effective provision of services.
- - Provide mediation services of client disputes as appropriate.
- - Educate others regarding needs of older adults, services and interventions that support clients and promote a sense of community.
- - Promote community involvement of clients.
- - Produce accurate program data.
- - Contribute to scheduled reports and reports as requested.
- - Data gathering and program evaluation activities as assigned.
For more information about Family Eldercare's Housing and Community Services Program, please click here.
LCSW Therapist - Counseling Services
Full-Time position - South Austin, North Austin, Georgetown/Cedar Park
Updated on: March 30, 2015
Family Eldercare seeks Clinical Social Worker(s) to provide in-home counseling services to older adults. We are experiencing high demand for our therapy services and are looking for new members to join out team.
Qualified individuals must be licensed or certified to perform mental health services in the State of Texas. This work requires advanced skills in area of mental health and functional assessment, clinical treatments and interventions, and best practice and evidenced based practices addressing needs of older adults and caregivers. Specialized focus in assessment, interventions and counseling for issues facing older adults related to mental health such as depression, deterioration in cognitive functioning, risk assessment, family systems and caregiver dynamics, and stress and anxiety. (2-5 years of experience a must).
Since we provide home based therapy, we will assign cases based on geographic location of our therapists. We have high demand right now in South Austin, North Austin and Georgetown/Cedar Park. We also have demand for Spanish speaking therapists.
For more information about Family Eldercare's Counseling Services, please click here.
Join our In-Home Care Team!
We are currently recruiting compassionate, dependable care attendants in Travis and Williamson counties. Flexible schedules, full- and part-time positions available depending on the needs of our clients. Two categories of care attendants are needed:
Join the Family Eldercare Staff
Additional direct service and administrative positions available include: AmeriCorp position available. See below for posting.
No open positions at this time.
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
The gifts of time and expertise given by our volunteers and interns make Family Eldercare the vibrant and successful organization that we are. Opportunities to volunteer or gain experience through both direct service and administrative internships change regularly, so be sure to check back often for the most current positions.
Family Eldercare is registered with UTSSW and Texas State University SSW and can provide placements and supervision for BSW and MSW students. Placements vary by semester.
Additionally, Family Eldercare has placements for interns seeking a degree in: human services, sociology, psychology, gerontology, family systems, health sciences, recreation, communications, activity director and related fields.
The staff at Family Eldercare make a difference in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities on a daily basis. Opportunities to join our organization are ongoing, and cover a broad range of direct service and administrative functions. Family Eldercare does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or disability, and we offer an excellent benefits package.